It was created automatically and do not substitute the one you need to create and provide to your store visitors.
- 1) Hot Water
- The first essentials to a perfect shave are water and warmth. When hair absorbs hot water it becomes softer and easier to cut and with warmth the skin and facial muscles become relaxed, making shaving so much easier. Soaking a folded flannel or small towel in hot water and wrapping it around the face for fifteen seconds can achieve this effect although the best time to shave is after a bath or shower.
- 2) Preparing The Face
- hose who desire a particularly smooth shave (or who have sensitive skin) might wish to apply a glycerine-based Skin Food or Pre-Shave; this protects the skin and helps the razor to glide smoothly across the face. Massaging the Skin Food against the growth of the beard also helps to lift the beard in readiness for the shaving lather razor.
- 3) The Lather
- Applying shaving cream, shaving soap or 'lathering up' is best done using a shaving brush but cream can applied using the fingers. Using your fingers is a very successful way of preparing the skin and beard for wet shaving as well as revitalising the facial muscles. A good quality Edwin Jagger badger hair shaving brush will lift and moisten the beard preparing it for the shave. We recommend traditional English glycerine based shaving products such as the Edwin Jagger natural shaving creams and soaps. These will help to keep the skin and beard warm and wet during the shave and create a soft, smooth lather and post shaven skin. Aloe Vera: All skin types & sensitive skin. Sandalwood: Normal - dry skin. Sea Buckthorn: All skin types. Alcohol based shaving foams and gels have the opposite effect, dispersing moisture and cooling the skin, which can cause irritation and sting during shaving. If you use a brush we recommend Edwin Jagger shaving brushes. Each brush is hand made in Sheffield and filled with either Best, Super or Silver tip badger hair. (Super and silver tip badger hair is softer). New synthetic badger hair is now available and is an excellent alternative. Edwin Jagger of Sheffield, England is recognized as Europe's foremost manufacturer of wet shaving accessories; All our shaving products are designed to enhance the daily routine and most guarantee many years of quality shaving.
- 4) The Razor
- Always use a quality razor with the sharpest blades available, avoid disposable razors with low-grade steel blades that bend when shaving. English Shaving Company Razors Select a blade that suits your technique; Gillette® Fusion® & Gillette® Mach3® are ideal for wet shavers wanting an extra smooth shave. The revolutionary blade designs have multiple blades and give a great shaving result. Advanced lubricating strips indicate when the blade needs replacing. Using a quality shaving cream or soap will increase the longevity of the blade. DE safety razors and Cut-throat (straight) razors provide an excellent close shave but are for the competent well tutored wet shaver. We recommend Edwin Jagger shaving razors, many of which are manufactured and hand assembled to the highest standards in Sheffield, England. Edwin Jagger has an international reputation for design and manufactures perfectly balanced shaving razors, each providing a secure and comfortable grip during wet shaving.
- 5) The Shave
- Make sure you use a sharp blade. Warm the blade under hot running water. Shave with the grain of your beard, and in awkward areas such as the chin and under the nose move the blade sideways across the growth. Try not to shave against the grain as this pulls the skin in the wrong direction causing small cuts and 'grazing' to the skin and is the most common cause of 'razor burn', ingrown hairs and shaving rash. After shaving rinse the face thoroughly with cool water to close the pores and pat the face dry with a soft towel. Use an Edwin Jagger anti-septic Alum Block to treat any small nicks or cuts, which occurred during shaving.
- 6) Caring For The Skin
- A good wet shave exfoliates and cleanses the face, leaving smooth new skin and a healthy, clean appearance. Newly exfoliated skin needs to be protected from the elements, so for healthy skin it is important that men use an after-shaving moisturizer, skin food or balm. We suggest that products containing alcohol should not be applied to the skin immediately after shaving as this may inflame the skin, cause stinging and dryness. For best results cologne and other fragrances should be applied to the 'hot spots' behind the earlobes, upper chest or on the sides of the unshaven neck.